As shown in my last post, my heirloom Singer 28k was still threaded when I got it. This weekend's main project (after I'd bought new Singer needles online this morning) was to observe where the thread went and how it all linked up, and then try to re-thread it myself.
Of course, when I set the machine down to photograph the set-up, I managed to move the thread and it fell out of the needle and the guide. So, re-threading a little earlier than planned!
I read the manual online (more on that hopefully in a later post) a few times this week, so it only took two goes to get it back to the original state, so I could get this photo: